May 13, 2010

24 laps

Today, was the first time I went down to our pool, and actually swam laps. We've lived here for 13 days now, and I've only been down to casually use the pool and float around. I used to be in a Swim Club as a kid, so swimming laps was never a huge challenge for me. It's been YEARS since I did this, though, so it was harder than I remember.

I swam 24 laps continuously tonight, for the first time in our 25 meter pool in our building. I've never had a pool in our building before, so getting used to having it and remembering we have it will be a challenge!

I feel AMAZING! I can't believe I was able to do that many laps. I am very proud of myself. But, thinking back to when I was a kid, 25 laps was our warm-up!!!

Swimming is primarily an aerobic exercise due to the long exercise time, requiring a constant oxygen supply to the muscles, except for short sprints where the muscles work anaerobically. As with most aerobic exercise swimming is believed to reduce the harmful effects of stress. Swimming can improve posture and develop a strong lean physique, often called a "swimmer's build.

My goal is to go swimming twice a week , along with my other daily gym classes and workouts at the new Robert Lee gym... I'm gonna be a fit lady before you know it! Watch out :)

No comments: