May 25, 2010

Just say YES

Have you seen the movie YES MAN? Well, I suggest you watch it, and every time you are in a position to say YES or NO, always say YES! (obviously some situations are different) Go here to see a clip of the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Zu9etaqJ8&feature=related

Here's a blog I read from Ark Website today. Just say yes to new things, because you never know what it could lead to. "grab hold of life and squeeze every last drop out of it."


New.

Even the very word revives me.

New.
There’s something about starting things from scratch that just makes me buzz inside. Starting a business was one. Starting new friendships in Dublin was another. Starting to learn to ride a motorbike. Starting to read a new book... even starting a new chapter. What is it about these things that gives me so much excitement and thrill? Surely it must be more than Dopamine?

I sometimes find myself thinking ‘no, don’t get involved there, you’ll never see it through. You’ll start it and it’ll just fade out.’ I’m finding now, that really isn’t a great attitude to have. If you don’t start something, how will you ever know if it’s going to fade or blossom? It’s the same in life. If you don’t try that weird looking vegetable how are you going to know if it tastes uber amazing or like a fork full of mush? Screw that attitude. I want to grab hold of life and squeeze every last drop out of it. I don’t want to miss anything. Carpe Diem. Don’t let any opportunity pass you.

Yes, some things may fade out but what about the ones that don’t?


The word 'but' is one of my least favourite words. It is actually disgusting.


Look at the definition mac gives:

but |bət|: conjunction
used to indicate the impossibility of anything other than what is being stated
Boke!


But I don’t have enough money - find some


But I don’t have enough time - make time


But it’s raining outside - what!?


We (myself being one of the worst) are so bad for making excuses. Yes, sometimes it’s reasonable to question but that rationale has taken over our lives. We live off buts. We live with ‘what if’s’ because the buts drown out any glimpse we may have of what would happen if we actually did just embrace life.

Carpe Diem.

Where am I going with this?


We can sit in our comfortable little bubbles that just float along with the way things work or we can dare to dream. Yea, some of those dreams will die, but a rare few will make it through alive and last a lifetime.
Just over two years ago I dared to dream. My heart said yes. My head said no.


No - You don’t have the time. You won’t be able to commit enough. Is this even the right thing to be committing to? How will you find time for this? There’s no way this will even work. You’ve been dreaming too much. You know nothing about any of this, how do you expect to make it work? You can’t even do the basics right, what will you be like when this grows? You’re heart has taken over so much that you can’t see how impractical this is.

Yes - Love. I don’t care about the impossibles. I’ll find a way. There’s something special about this that I just can’t ignore.

I decided to go yes and my life’s never been the same again.

Today, I’m faced with the same question...

I choose yes.

No comments: