May 03, 2010

I hate my blog

Today is the first day I truly hate my blog. I don't want to do it anymore. I hate it, and hate thinking of new things everyday to do or try. Wow. I never thought it would come to this, but I don't want to do it. Maybe it's because I have my monthly "friend" , and I just need some chocolate? :)  or ice cream .... or the combination of both.

Please someone give me some ideas?! I'm running out of ideas, and I'm only a third of the way through the year.. how am i going to do 365 days of this? aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


Psychoanalytic views

In psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud defined hate as an ego state that wishes to destroy the source of its unhappiness. More recently, the Penguin Dictionary of Psychology defines hate as a "deep, enduring, intense emotion expressing animosity, anger, and hostility towards a person, group, or object."Because hatred is believed to be long-lasting, many psychologists consider it to be more of an attitude or disposition than a temporary emotional state.

[edit]Neurological research

The neural correlates of hate have been investigated with an fMRI procedure. In this experiment, people had their brains scanned while viewing pictures of people they hated. The results showed increased activity in the medial frontal gyrus, right putamen, bilaterally in the premotor cortex, in the frontal pole, and bilaterally in the medial insula of the human brain. The researchers concluded that there is a distinct pattern of brain activity that occurs when people are experiencing hatred.


HATE. It's probably too strong a word for what i'm experiencing today. But, I'm worried that I won't be able to finish what I started  :(  This is a big pattern in my life. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it must be normal to feel sick of doing a blog - especially one as ambitious as this, but I want to say: Don't give up! I like reading your blog!
Some random ideas for firsts (maybe you've already done them before?):
1. go see a movie/genre of movie you would normally never agree to see
2. try a new exercise
3. make a time capsule
4. leave a message/note in a library book.
5. take a bus to a new part of the city
6. get your make-up done somewhere
7. send a message in a bottle out to sea
8. make a kite/buy a kite and go fly it.
9. record yourself singing.
10. send an e-mail to your "future self" - google this one and you'll find some sites that hold your e-mail until the date you want it sent.

Maybe not the best ideas, but I can imagine it's hard to think of new ones!
Good luck
:)