May 20, 2010

Eat more bacon and have more sex

"Eat more bacon and have more sex!": this was a line in Grey's Anatomy tonight, that I just loved. Today, was the first time I've watched Grey's anatomy and felt extreme emotion. Extreme in the way that I had to turn off the television it was so intense! I've been watching this show religiously since it first started, and have only missed a couple of episodes. I've cried, I've balled and I've had lots of emotional roller coasters watching it, but NOTHING like today. It was just insane; pure and utter madness, actually.

Two fairly main characters were killed off, people were being shot left right and centre, surgeons were being punished for the fact that they were surgeons, and a man was walking around the hospital with a gun he bought at a general superstore. (that was shocking, and really scary to think about)  I was screaming, and crying, and yelling throughout the entire show. Matt had to keep reminding me that it wasn't real. God, it felt real! I am very attached to many of the characters now after years of watching it. Seattle Grace (the hospital where it all takes places) found itself under attack by a crazed, grieving gunman, who fans will recognize from an earlier episode where his wife was taken off life support. This man has one goal - kill Dr. McDreamy, (the beautiful man to the right- noooooooo!!!) but ends up leaving a wave of destruction at the hospital that no one could have seen coming. If you watched the first seven minutes of the episode, you know that Alex Karev (surgeon) is shot right from the start. Things don't go too well for him from there, but luckily, his GF little Grey and McSteamy find him and save his life...... You have to watch it , if you haven't already.


The night was a whirlwind of drama, suspense and tears. Just how television should be, don't you think? It was overly dramatic, and not really believable in some parts, but WHO CARES!! I was beginning to think Grey's Anatomy was on it's way out of television, but this episode proved that it can be amazing and heart wrenching and so surprising that you want to vomit! I didn't sleep very well last night, and it was worth every lost minute of sleep. I wish I could watch it over all again.

No comments: