May 05, 2010

oops.. it was Cinco De Mayo...

Today is the first time I haven't celebrated Cinco De Mayo.  Instead, I unpacked my apartment, while Matt was at a playoff hockey game. I didn't feel like going out and doing anything else.  It's usually just a good day to drink tequila and go out with friends, but today, all I wanted to do was stay home and ORGANIZE.  Incase you don't know what Cinco De Mayo is, read this article below I found here
as it explains it very well! 


In gratitude, thousands of Mexicans crossed the border after Pearl Harbor to join the U.S. Armed Forces. As recently as the Persian Gulf War, Mexicans flooded American consulates with phone calls, trying to join up and fight another war for America.

Mexicans, you see, never forget who their friends are, and neither do Americans. That's why Cinco de Mayo is such a party -- A party that celebrates freedom and liberty. There are two ideals which Mexicans and Americans have fought shoulder to shoulder to protect, ever since the 5th of May, 1862. VIVA! el CINCO DE MAYO!!


I missed out...   Today, was not a good first day...

No comments: