May 08, 2010

Sea Wall

Today, I biked around the entire sea wall for the first time, by myself. I usually prefer to go on bike rides with people, so I don't take my bike out much as I'd like. (Matt doesn't have a bike ) I started at Georgia Viaduct, (right outside my new place) and ended at the Georgia Viaduct. It took me about 3 hours, and I stopped for lunch along the way. It was a beautiful afternoon, sunny, perfect temperature, and a great day for me to reflect, and think about life and my future. Yet again, I've been going through a lot at work, so it was a great way to de-stress and not worry about it.

This was my route:

It claims to be about 23 km on the street roads, but I took the longer way along the ocean, so I bet I went about 30 -35km today.

It wasn't really a huge workout, as I took my time, and really enjoyed the scenery.  I imagine if there weren't a lot of people on the trail, you could get a pretty decent workout if you really made an effort to go quickly. Why would you do that though? You'd miss the whole point of the Sea Wall.

I've never ridden around the False Creek/Yaletown part of the sea wall, and I was impressed how nice it was. I really do live in an amazing city! Sometimes I forget, and really take for granted how lucky I am to live here.

Have you walked/ran/biked on the sea wall before? If not, than I think you should do it!!! If you don't want to do the entire thing, just do a portion of it. *warning* on sunny days, it's very busy, and you should be prepared to come accross many people on the paths! Just relax, and take your time....

I love it! :)

No comments: