February 06, 2010

Chocolate Cake

I know, by the title of this blog, it doesn't sound like it's going to be a first. I have had chocolate cake before, and actually wish I had some right now ! Mmmmmm-chocolate! Doesn't the photo of this cake look good? (Sorry to whomever I stole the photo from!)

I went out last night, with some friends to watch some live music. We went to a new pub I'd never been to called 'The Edge' Pub near sketchville -downtown east side Vancouver. The bouncers were terribly unfriendly, and did not have the slightest care in the world for anyone but themselves. (This is besides the point though- I just felt the urge to put that in there) I decided that I wanted to order a surprise drink! I've never done this before, so thought it would be a fun first. I left the drink in the hands of my waitress and told her I wanted something a bit different and something that most people wouldn't order. I have my few favourite drinks that I order, so I wanted to change it up a bit-live on the edge! (no pun intended)  If I hated the drink, I was ready for this as it would be my own fault. I'm not a very picky person, so wasn't worried. The other risk was that she might bring me something I've already had before!?

She brought me back a shooter, that was called "Chocolate Cake". First of all, this was a very smart choice! What girl would be unhappy with a drink with the name Chocolate in it? (I suppose my friend Marissa who is allergic to dairy) Perhaps many of you have tried this drink, but I hadn't! It actually smelled like fluffy, sweet cake and tasted exactly how it smelled- no joke! I chugged it back in one gulp but I wished I had savoured it because it was so gooood! It was apparently made from Frangelico and Vodka, shaken with ice. I was amazed! I definitely recommend you try this one.

Also, I suggest you ask for a surprise drink next time you are out- you might be happily surprised! Go outside your bubble, and ask your server for a surprise! It's fun! (warning- don't do this if you are a picky person though, as you might be dissapointed)

Happy firsting!  ~~~

No comments: