February 25, 2010

Sochi House


My mom and I went to the Sochi (Russia) House today and sadly the best part of it was the bathroom stall posters! We had the most laughs, and the most fun the first 5 minutes we were taking a pee!  This isn't even part of the Russian exhibit, it is part of the Science World stuff that is normally there every day! But, if you want to learn something new about farts or poo, read the photos!

We waited for 2.5 hours to get in! I told myself I wouldn't wait that that long for anything Olympic related as it was crazy. But, after one hour passed we were committed to the process of waiting. Argh.  We learned as we got closer to the front of the lineup, that the President of the IOC (International Olympic Committee) was coming to the Sochi House today and that he would be having some sort of "meeting" up on the second floor. They cleared out the top floor, and weren't letting anyone else in!  Booooooooooooooo, to Jacque Rogge. I got a pretty sweet video of him coming in to the building, but it takes so long to upload them, I will post a photo they put on the Russia Sichi 2014 website here instead.

At least he was dancing and having a blast with the Russian ladies, while we were lining up outside for twice as long as normal. It was a bad day to come to the Sochi House, however it was kind of cool to see this guy in the flesh and blood. As he finally left an hour later, he got booed when he came out.  I did feel kind of bad as I booed along with everyone else, but he could have come to the Sochi House at any point, and even after hours!















As we were inside my Mom noticed someone getting their photo taken by many people. Being the curious lady she is, she ran over to the people and realized it was Eric Roberts! (Julia Roberts brother-incase you didn't know) and she got a great photo of him! He was looking pretty haggard and run down, but it was him! I wish I could've seen him when he was young! damn!  Either way, it was pretty sweet!  The only thing really Russian, were the singer/dancers! They were ok, but I got bored of it quite quickly. It was very fun few hours, and worth every hour we waited:)

No comments: