February 20, 2010

Urban Barn Lounge Night

Urban Barn is one of my favourite stores in Vancouver. Every time I pass by, I linger and walk a little slower just to check out the window displays. I would furnish my entire apartment with everything in this store if I had the money. Go here to check out the website and all the beautiful items for your home.

Tonight, we stumbled across my favourite store, and realized that it had transformed into a lounge/bar. It was quite strange, so we wandered in to listen to the music, play fuse ball and use the facilities. They called it "Urban Barn Lounge Night" featuring DJ Case spinning deep, sexy lounge and house music. This place is supposed to be a furniture place, not a lounge. WTF?  So, I'm going to call this my first for today, mainly because I've never partied, and danced after hours in a furniture store!! It was awesome.

Another weird but interesting thing about this place (that I found out after I left) is a guy named Robbie is staying/living in the Urban Barn for the duration of the Olympics. A shower was installed for him, but he will not leave the place for 17 days. I don't really know why he's doing it but it's a crazy, fun idea so why the heck not?! Go here to watch live webcams of the guy in the store! Maybe you will find him sleeping if you look close enough? I tried, but couldn't find him. I will check it out tomorrow during the day to see what's going on. You should too! You might see me :) Check out this article written by the Vancouver Sun to find out all the details: article

Toodles

No comments: