February 11, 2010

Torch Relay

Today, I saw my first  live Olympic Torch! It was only inches away from my sweaty hands, and it was fantastic! I went to a night Relay, so the flame lit up the pathway as the torch bearer ran quickly by. It was only seconds of excitement and cheering, and happiness, but it was the coolest 5 seconds I've experienced! It's not every day you get to see an Olympic Torch Flame with your own eyes.  I have no clue who the torch bearer was, but who cares! It was fantastic.  I watched this Event with my two friends, Marissa and Eli, however they got caught on the other side of the barricades, so we watched together from afar!

The whole Torch Relay was an interesting experience! Sooooo many people! I am so lucky to live in Vancouver while the Games are going on! The city really has transformed into an exciting place!

I am going to go and watch again tomorrow morning (early - 6am)  in hopes of seeing Arnold Swartzenegger carry the torch!  I personally think it's awesome that he's going to do it, and I don't care the fact that he's not Canadian! People are complaining so much about this-  WHO CARES! It is almost impossible to find out exactly where he will be running online. They don't make it very public, so wish me luck!

I am going to try and experience as much as humanly possible while the Olympics are here. I hope you will too! Here's my video:

No comments: