February 22, 2010

Time makes the heart grow fonder

Today Matt comes home!! I know, this is not the first time he's come home, and it's not the first time he's been away from home, but it is the  first time we've been apart for more than 4 weeks! I believe it was 31 days in total; I will pick him up at the airport tonight around 11:30pm.

I don't think anyone is even reading this Blog anymore. If you are, leave a comment! Is this considered a first? I'm going to say YES, because I really wasn't able to do anything else today, but WAIT. Wait patiently for him to come home. I watched "Love Actually" and cleaned, and did laundry, and cleaned out shelves, and even dusted while waiting for him to be home.  I didn't think I'd miss him as much as I did.  At least I kept busy doing all sorts of Olympic adventures as you can read about in my previous Blogs.

We've been planning our wedding over the internet for the last month, so it will be lovely to actually talk about it in person.  It's still more than a year away, so I've realized I had to chill out a bit, and wait until the date gets a bit closer to really start planning too much.

Not much else to write about; time really does make the heart grow fonder!

xoxox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm here, I read every single night. I know what it's like to blog and wonder if anyone ever reads, I wonder that all the time. Welcome home Matthew! Glad you are back in Canada. Had a great visit with Beth and Nick on the weekend. xoxo

Aunt Valerie

Anonymous said...

I;m reading every day too! Just not commenting......it's hard to type with one hand! Welcome home Matt!