February 28, 2010

Hockey Team Canada Wins GOLD!!!

I was on the toilet ........when I took this photo! haha, not when I was watching the gold medal game!

I ended up at a random Greek restaurant with one television shared with at least a hundred other people! We were lucky to find a seat in a warm place, as every bar in the city had lineups that morning started as early as 8am. We wandered many parts of the downtown core, to find nothing. Every bar was at capacity by 10:00am! The game started at Noon, and we were very lucky to stumble upon Kalypsos Greek Restaurant on Robson. (P.s. DO NOT EAT THERE--- terrible food!) But, it will forever have a sweet spot in my heart for this amazing Hockey Game! WOOO-HOOO!!! The streets downtown were a crazy place to be, and if you like feeling like a sardine it's exactly where you want to be. It was hilarious, and a once in a lifetime experience!




Of all the gold medals won by Canada at the Winter Olympics, the last may have been the most important. The big game lived up to the hype, thank GOD!  I was worried our city would erupt into terrible chaos and madness if we lost against the Americans. I have no nails left because of the game, but man was it an exciting way to win!! If you didn't watch the game, we went into overtime to beat the US and won the gold medal in men's hockey at the 2010 Winter Games!  (ALSO THE WOMAN'S HOCKEY TEAM WON GOLD TOO!! I need to keep cheeering- forever! WOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I've never been more happy in my life about a hockey game. It was a MAJOR  first today, not just for me, but for all Canadians!  It was tear-jerking, happy day. I wish I had something better than exclamations marks to show my excitement!
All in all, it was a fitting end to the Vancouver Olympics for Team Canada which won a record-breaking 14 gold medals during the Games! We made history today, and I was extremely proud to be Canadian.  CA-NA-DA, CA-NA-DA!  Downtown Vancouver after this victory was nothing I could ever explain into words! You would get chills if you were here today. It was FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!! I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else in the world. People were high fivin' every person they walked by, and screaming so loudly you could barely hear yourself think. I spent the aftermath with my good friend Katie, and was glad to have her there with me :) 


I HEART CANADA

No comments: