February 24, 2010

Olympic Quarter Finals in Vancouver~ home city!

There is something about Team Canada playing in the 2010 Canadian Olympics in Vancouver where I currently live. It's exciting! The city is bustling and jumping and freaking out over every medal we get! I have never experienced the Olympics like this and honestly I could've cared less about it in previous years. It's here in Vancouver, and damn, I am proud of it all! It's one of the best life experiences and for people who are "anti-Olympics" well I feel sorry for them. They are missing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity! Go Canada Go! We won 4 medals today, and ALL by woman! That in itself is incredible.

However, how about that amazing game against Russia and Canada tonight?!? It was just that: amazing. I am not normally a huge fan of hockey, and you wouldn't normally catch me watching it during the NHL Season. This is the first time in my life I've been so excited about hockey! I've seen playoff games during The NHL Season, (don't get me wrong they are definitely exciting) but it's not quite the same as an Olympic Hockey Game, in your own city! I watched the game in a Pub called "Jimmy's Tap House" just a block away from where the LIVE game was taking place and the crowd was insane!! You can't even explain the noise that bubbled out of this place when we scored 3 goals in 10 minutes!!! It was indescribable. It game me chills ......

I will post a video tomorrow of the crowd, but for now, it's time for bed. Olympic Hockey is exciting! I can't wait for the Semi-Final game on Friday: Canada vs Slovakia!!! This city will be a CRAZY CRAZY Place if we win!

No comments: