April 26, 2010

Etsy

I'm in love with this website. http://www.etsy.com . I can spend hours searching, and finding really cool handmade objects. It's a great place to go, to find gifts for someone who has everything. Strangely, I've never purchased anything until today. I am having a peacock themed wedding, so I've become quite obsessed with peacock EVERYTHING! I search for peacock wedding items all the time, and have quite the list of things I want for the wedding!

This pendant is approximately 7/8" x 7/8" and has a peacock graphic that is adhered to a glass tile. The tile is then sealed on the back with a thick layer of shiny glaze. The glaze is water resistant but not waterproof.

Isn't it perty? I couldn't resist this, as it was only $10US. Go here if you'd like to see some of the artist's other items. On this website, you can also find peacock veils, peacock pens, peacock napkins, and peacock ties for the groomsmen. You name it, there is peacock everything! Apparently the peacock wedding theme is becoming quite popular. I thought I had a pretty original idea. Oh well, I still love it.

Did you know:

A peacock is a possessor of some of the most admired human characteristics, and is a symbol of integrity and the beauty we can achieve when we endeavor to show our true colors.


In history, myth, legend and lore, the Peacock symbolism carries:
  • Nobility
  • Holiness
  • Guidance
  • Protection
  • Watchfulness
As well, in Hinduism the Peacock is associated with Lakshmi who is a deity representing benevolence, patience, kindness, compassion and good luck...

No comments: