April 25, 2010

Giant Calcultor

Today is a simple one. I bought a GIANT Calculator for the first time. I saw it, and instantly had to have it! It was a need, not a want. I needed to have this amazing thing in my possession. Why, you ask? Because I'm a weirdo and because it's hilarious. I laugh every time I look at it. I never have to worry about finding a calculator stuffed in some drawer. It will be hanging on the wall in our (soon-to-be) office!

Matt (my future husband) was convinced it was the stupidest thing he's ever seen, and we didn't need to have it. I argued up and down the isles of Staples while we looked for packing supplies. Well, we didn't argue: I said we needed to have it, and he said we didn't , and this repeated over and over again for about 10 minutes. I knew, secretly, that I would get my way......

This photo gives you a better idea just how huge it is! Doesn't it make you laugh? The employee at Staples told us, we were the first people to buy one. YAY FOR FIRSTS!

I told Matt it was a "house warming" gift for our new place. We move on Friday. We will have a separate den/office area and this calculator will fit perfectly on the wall , as a practical art piece. It's perfect. I'm in love with giant calculators.

You are jealous of my giant calculator, I know you are! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a giant calculator at Staples!

Adventure awaits you.. said...

yup, that's the one I bought!!! hahaha... it's sooooo awesome :) I'll post photos and blog soon... busy busy packing and get ready to move on saturday!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move! I want pics of the new place, give my guy a hug for me and tell him I miss him.

Ashley said...

oh my gosh, I laughed soooo hard when I saw it, and then read the line saying doesn't it make you laugh? And laughed even harder!
Great art piece!

Stephanie@owlbookkeepingandcfo.com said...

If you are interested in selling this calculator, I'd be very interested in buying it. I run an accounting firm and we are desperate for something to use at a trade show.