April 06, 2010

Merritt Motel

Tonight, we were stranded and forced to stay in a Motel in Meritt with free internet and a free Movie Channel. It was very exciting, I know! You are jealous, and wish you could've experienced it with me. The motel was not a gas station, but I didn't take a photo of the motel, just the emptiness of the town.

I've only ever passed by Merritt while driving to Kelowna and never went in to the town. (I've always wanted to check out Merritt Mountain Music Festival though) Our lovely motel experience would not have happened had our car kept driving as it was supposed to.  So, my first today is about getting stranded in a crap-hole place being forced to sleep in a skeezy motel because of a random, spontaneous car malfunction. Some people might find great joy in this. I did not. It was definitely a crazy experience to say the least; not one of those experiences I want to repeat, but definitely blog worthy. Have you ever been stranded in a place you wish you weren't? Has your car broken down on the side of road- what did you do?
This was the only photo I got of the hotel, and our happiness to be there! We watched many episodes of "Intervention" while eating whatever left-over food we had from our snowboarding weekend.

I am not going to recommend you go out and get stranded in a strange city for something new to do, as that would be bad advice. Since this blog is about celebrating FIRSTS, what I will recommend is that you have some kind of Road Side Assistance, or BCAA coverage when going on a road trip so you don't have to worry if your car does crap out.....




The positive; I got to spend this experience with two lovely people who look at the positive in almost every situation.


This place was deserted, and empty and sort of spooky.

No comments: