April 20, 2010

Radio Prizes

I won a CD from the Radio for the first time in my life! I've always wanted to win, but I've never been the first or ninth caller.

I was driving to the grocery store, and at 6:30pm, I turned on my radio and instantly the broadcaster said...."and if you're the first person to call, I'll give you this free CD" ! I had no idea what CD it was, but I knew I wanted to WIN! I've called the radio station many times in my life to win free stuff, but I was always a few callers away.

I quickly dialed the number and it started to ring and ring and ring. I almost hung up, but then the guy from the radio ANSWERED! It was soooo exciting. I felt like I had won the lottery. Seriously, I was so happy.  I can't even imagine the feeling of what it would be like to actually win the lottery, as I was beside myself after winning a no-name CD.


The radio guy asked me if I was a fan of Jon and Roy, and I lied and said that I was. I didn't want to seem like a greedy-good-for-nothing-liar who just wanted something free from the radio.  He told me that I'd really like the CD, as it's got a summery, soft rock kind of feel.

GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AT THIS LINK http://jonandroy.ca/ and take a listen. They are upbeat, and very enjoyable to listen to. I can't wait to get my free CD in the mail.

They come from Victoria as well, which is awesome! I lived there for 6 years of my life, and miss it a lot. The live music scene in Victoria is realllllllly awesome, so check out some local music if you ever go there! Here they are playing at the Radio Station I won my CD from, LIVE.

No comments: