March 01, 2010

Olympics Withdrawal...


I'm still buzzzzzing about the historic Canada vs. USA game from yesterday. WOW! DAMN! YESS!! This was probably one of the single, biggest days in this country’s history, and I was in the midst of it all! Truly life-changing! This game was the cherry on top of the Canadian pride that has come out of hiding and been embraced like I’ve never seen before. I have never in my life, felt so proud to be Canadian and I know everyone who lives in Vancouver feels the same way.

But, strangely and sadly, the city has gone back to its regular day-to-day business, and it already seems like the last day of the Olympics were months ago. It barely seems like the greatest hockey game that I have ever seen was only yesterday. Where is everyone? COME BACCCKKKK!!!!!!!!

So, today is the first time in my life, I've ever experienced Olympics withdrawal. I'm seriously bored and sad the Olympics are over! It's Monday, and I have nothing new or interesting to do and even if I did do something fun, nothing would compare to my last 2 weeks of Olympics madness. Nothing. I better get crackin' with ideas though, or my Blog will fail miserably. Since it's my blog, and my rules, and my life, I am considering this my FIRST today. Yes, it's lame and I will fully admit to that. But, it is techinally something I've never experienced before. Driving down Robson today gave me a spooky feeling; it was too quiet. How is it possible to go from one extreme to the other; party town to ghost town in 12 hours. It's pretty weird. Here's a few photos I took of the insane contrast from one day to the next. Enjoy!
ROBSON SQUARE


 ART GALLERY

WINNERS and FUTURE SHOP






GRANVILLE STREET

1 comment:

Ashley said...

wow, I actually got chills when I saw the emptiness of Robson Square, so weird!
It is funny, as I was coming to look at your blog I wondered if today your first was gonna be the first day in 2 weeks not experiencing the Olympics, I was close!