March 15, 2010

Badminton Lesson with Kyle

Today, is the first time I've ever had a "private" badminton lesson. My sister Tara's boyfriend , Kyle is an ex-Canadian national badminton player. He is a badminton coach as well, so agreed to give Matt and I a private lesson at his Racket Club in East Vancouver. We were getting many looks from people but Kyle said, "don't worry , it's just because you are white!" (haha) Most of the people in the facility were of Asian decent, so we stood out a bit. We played near the end of the building, away from everyone which was less intimidating. I felt like I was laughing a bit too much, because most of the people were quite serious.

I have a new appreciation for badminton now, and hope we can go for another lesson as I really enjoyed it! We were only there for about 45 minutes but I noticed we were getting a decent workout; I was sweating pretty good! I imagine I might be a bit sore tomorrow but it was well worth it. Thanks Kyle :)

I googled Kyle, (haha) and found a badminton game he played in, if you want to watch him play! He's the one in the blue :) I can't believe how quickly the birdie and the players move around the court! It's quite amazing. GO KYLE GO!!

No comments: