March 07, 2010

Pound for Pound Challenge

I have been watching "The Biggest Loser" show on tv for years now, and find it extremely inspiring. If you haven't watched it before, you should! Especially if you struggle with your weight and are in need of motivation. Watching these extremely obese people on a treadmill reminds you if they can do it, so can you. The stories of the people on the show can be heartbreaking, and to watch them go from 400 pounds to 180 pounds is absolutely amazing! I've cried on a number of occasions; maybe I'm a sappy person and cry easily, but I love it. Even if you aren't overweight, but you don't find exercise as part of your daily routine, this show might help you realize how important it is. It's important to take care of yourself and make healthy choices.
On the show, they talk about the Pound for Pound Challenge. For every pound you pledge to lose through June 30, 2010, the Pound For Pound Challenge will donate 14¢ to Feeding America — enough to deliver one pound of groceries to a local food bank. I chose a Food Bank in New York City. (since it's an American show) I joined in the P for P challenge for the first time today, and pledged to lose 10 pounds by end of June. This works out to just under 1 lb a week.

I can do this, and so can you! Join the Challenge today and start living a healthier lifestyle!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Go girl, go!