March 27, 2010

Soy Yoghurt


I've had soy cheese, soy milk, soy icecream, but I haven't ever tried soy yoghurt. Ok, is it just me or is the word "soy" kind of strange. Maybe just writing it 5 times in a row makes you think that. Does this ever happen you to? SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY SOY. heheheh... Maybe I'm going crazy, but it doesn't look like the word anymore.

So, I didn't really like soy cheese but I did like the ice cream and flavoured tofu so I thought there was a chance I'd like soy yoghurt. I was VERY wrong. Oh dear god was I wrong. I'm a HUGE dairy yoghurt fan. I love cherry or peach.  My first thought was "ohh, it's very..grainy.." In the photo, can you see the little chunky bits?  Mmm, so appetizing.

I made quite a fuss over it, and said to Matt, "do you want to try it? " hahah. I do this a lot. I say " oh this is soooo gross, " and then ask someone if they want to try it. I don't blame them for not wanting to try it after my reaction. But, I want them to experience what I've just experienced, even though it's not a good experience. It doesn't make sense but I like to share moments with people, good or bad!

Here's an interesting fact about soy yoghurt you might not have known:

Soy yogurt, especially when it has fruit in it, may help control both type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, US researchers have reported. Although people with diabetes are usually discouraged from eating sweet snacks, soy yogurt and some dairy yogurts rich in fruit appear to help regulate enzymes that affect blood sugar levels, the researchers have reported.
 
So, if I were diabetic, I might plug my nose and eat it really quickly just for the health benefits. I'd personally go for the dairy yoghurt though. My friend Marissa is allergic to dairy, so perhaps she can recommend a better tasting soy yoghurt brand? I tried this one. 

I'm really craving some dairy cherry yoghurt right now. ..... Off to the store I go :)

No comments: