March 17, 2010

Laws of Illusion

Today, I bought Sarah Mclachlan's newest album, called The Laws of Illusion, for the first time. She hasn't come out with a new record in 7 years so I was very excited! However, this is only part of the excitement for today; it comes with a pre-sale code to buy concert tickets to Lilith Fair this summer! I've always wanted to go to this music festival, but they haven't done the Tour since 1999. Wow, since I was in highschool, so I'm really looking forward to this. You can check out the full lineup of artists here: lineup but they have such woman artists as Brandie Carlile, Corinne Bailey Rae, Martina McBride, Kelly Clarkson, Norah Jones, Sheryl Crow, Tegan and Sara, CourtYard Hounds (sisters from Dixie Chicks) Cat Power, and MANY MORE!!! It's going to be an absolute BLAST! I should put more exclamation marks so you know how excited I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been a huge fan of Sarah since I was quite young. I remember the first time I was exposed to her, was finding a copy of my sister Kim's album, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy.  The song "Ice cream" has and always will be my favourite. It's a cute song about Love, and how its better than ice cream. (perhaps a good wedding song? ) I posted the Live Version for you to listen to!

I've been (not-so) patiently awaiting for a new album to come out, so now I just have to wait even more patiently for it to arrive in my mail box! eeeee, so pumped!

Here is a video of her new single if you haven't heard it yet: It was done for the Olympics.


Buy a new album today, and appreciate what amazing talented artists we have in the world! I LOVE MY BLOG TODAY! :)

No comments: