March 26, 2010

Green Mustard

I love mustard. I could eat it right out of the jar; just give me a spoon! Not just yellow mustard, but all the fancy ones; Dijon and Horseradish are my favs. Even more fancy than this was my invention many years ago.  I used to mix yellow mustard and ketchup together, to form something I liked to call "mustup" I should really develop that and sell it in stores! It is brilliant with french fries. Try it sometime, I highly recommend it. Just don't steal my idea or I will hunt you down.

I've never even heard of Green Mustard before. Have you? This is my first today.  Very exciting, I know! When I saw it at the store today, I immediately put it in my basket without even thinking. It looked and sounded amazing! Unless you are a weirdo and don't appreciate mustard, you would agree that the idea is amazing!




Doesn't it look good enough to pull out a spoon and take a bite? I skipped the spoon and dove right in with my finger..
It had an interesting vinegar taste to it, but, extremely good; an incredibly smooth and deceivingly creamy twist on a condiment staple. It has a blend of Dijon Mustard with chive, parsley & basil. I recommend you give it a try. I found it at IGA. Go here to check out recipes for using the green mustard! I was happy just eating it all by itself, but I can imagine using it in a recipe would be amazing. Give it a try!

Other uses of the word Mustard: (wiki)

-Mustard (album) by Roy Wood
-MUSTARD, an acronym for an experimental British spacecraft design
-Mustard (color), a shade of yellow, similar to the color of the condiment
-Sulfur mustard (mustard gas), a chemical weapon
-Mustards, a class of chemicals most associated with chemical weapons, including nitrogen mustard

    No comments: