January 16, 2010

Buy a Stranger a Drink

I was thinking long and hard today what my first would be. I'm quite an adventurous person already, so I think it's going to be a challenge throughout the year to try new things.


I went out last night (didn't post the blog yesterday like I meant to)  to sing some Karaoke with a few friends and I thought I'd do another R.A.O.K . ( Random Act of Kindness) As a single girl, I used to be able to get free drinks very easily.  I would just flash a nice smile, flirt a little, and be cute. It wasn't hard, and 7 times out of 10 the guy would offer to buy me a drink. muuhahahahaah! *evil laugh*


So, tonight, I gave back to all those men, and bought a drink for a stranger. I've never done this before, however, I wanted to keep it anonymous so I didn't give off the wrong idea. I explained my Blog to the waitress and gave her $6.00 to buy someone a free drink! (with extra money for a tip for her) I told her she could chose who it went to, but I asked two things of her. One: To give them a piece of paper with a message on it (I'm quite fond of giving people messages) Two: To keep me anonymous as I didn't want some creeper staring at me, or talking to me all night. She agreed, and after about 10 minutes, she gave it away; she didn't tell me who it was and they didn't know who I was. It was perfect! The waitress seemed happy when she had given away the drink and I was happy that she was happy! She told me it was a cool idea, so maybe she'll pass on kindness to someone else as well. But remember, buy a drink for someone else with no strings attached; just because you want to!

SPREAD THE LOVE~~

1 comment:

Linder said...

Hope the guy wasn't too drunk and that he remembers reading the note!! LOL Cute idea!