January 31, 2010

Planet Earth

I've always wanted to watch Planet Earth, and finally my sister (well, actually her boyfriend bought it for her!) got the whole tv series. I watched it for the first time with my lovely Mother while knitting my first scarf (yay me!).

Four years in the making, Planet Earth was the most expensive nature documentary series ever commissioned by the BBC, and also the first to be filmed in high definition! The series comprises eleven episodes, each of which features a global overview of a different habitat on Earth. At the end of each fifty-minute episode, a ten-minute featurette takes a behind-the-scenes look at the challenges of filming the series, which I found the most interesting! The measures they go to for the perfect shot is quite interesting. Some camera men spent 125 hours in a tiny hole to capture a rare bird doing its mating dance. Very fascinating, and I recommend you to watch this series. One word: AMAZING! I used my iPhone to capture some of the moments; enjoy!

This video is about Forest Elephants- which I didn't even know existed! They are red, and yellow in color- I heart elephants.

I couldn't get over the amazing time-lapse Photography effects, to show time passing by and plants and nature taking its course. It was extremely cool to watch. Check it out!


Not all of it was beautiful, and lovely; there were points in the show that I didn't even want to watch. There were lions attacking the elephants and eating them, and a Mother fox stealing new baby eggs from a goose to feed her young, and there were monkeys eating their own kind! It's a tough world out there - survival of the fittest!

Watch a new, educational show today for the first time- It makes you appreciate Mother Nature, and the beautiful, amazing world we live in!

No comments: