January 14, 2010

Massage Therapy


Nourish your physical and spiritual well-being through the healing power of touch.


"If we don't get rid of the daily accumulation of stress, we can end up storing stress in particular areas of our bodies. This can lead to many illnesses and can actually shorten our lives. Though it may appear to be a luxury, there are huge health benefits to having a long, relaxing massage that rids our bodies of accumulated tension, stiffness and stress. Aches and pains, tension and stiffness will melt away and you will leave feeling relaxed, yet revitalized and restored. Many clients apparently report a feeling of absolute clarity and the ability to once again, focus!

Massage has been documented as one of the oldest healing arts in the world. Records documenting its use date back over 3000 years. Massage has been used by the ancient Chinese, Hindus, Egyptians and Persians. " Coal Harbour Massage Therapy Clinic

Why haven't I done this before? Well, it's simple; I'm a crazy lady. It's also because before I met my lovely fiance I never had the Extended Medical Coverage to pay for massage therapy, and I was too poor to afford it. Now, I have $500 covered per year and at 80 $ for an hour session, I will definitely be taking FULL advantage of this. It's too bad that I didn't do this at all last year.... Ohwell... This is the year of firsts, so I won't be missing out on anything! (I'm doing Acupuncture next week!) 

My Massage Therapist was awesome; she was very friendly and easy to talk to. I wasn't uncomfortable at all. Her name is Jennifer Williamson at the Coal Harbour Massage Therapy Clinic. My upper back and neck feel AMAZING! I felt like my posture was better, and I could walk without soreness in my back.  I have been having headaches and minor aches in that area before but now the pain is practically gone.  She hit every spot that was feeling sore, and than some. Parts of the massage hurt a little but after a few minutes of massaging the area, it felt gooood! The tension had released..

I will probably try out a bunch of other Massage Therapists though, just to see if there is better or worse out there. Anyone have any recommendations? I was so involved in the massage and the experience of it all, I forgot to document with photos. So, here's the photo from their website.

*sigh* Good times!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

I have a suggestion. The Massage Therapy Centre on 11th and Main! AWESOME!!!

Clemintine's faithful follower said...

my massage therapist is Sarah and the Burnaby Massage therapy clinic... maybe too far for you to go, but just a shout out cause she is amazing!!