January 30, 2010

Green Wedding Fair

Today I went to my first Wedding Fair, with my sister and Mom. It wasn't a typical one, because all the vendors had environmentally friendly products & services of some kind. It was quite interesting, but generally quite expensive.
The Grassroots Wedding Fair is an event to celebrate local and sustainable businesses. Our event will be a lively affair with music, food, gorgeous handmade products and fantastic green businesses. Feel good about the wedding choices you make.
I got some cool ideas, filled out a million raffle draws (I hope I win something!) and realized how much planning actually goes in to a wedding! Wow. I felt a bit overwhelmed. However, I'm thankful most of my wedding will be planned for me, overseas in Thailand by the resort! This makes me happy, as I'm hoping to have a stress-free day. But, even still, just picking a venue/destination and trying to find a place that will suit everyone has been stressful, and challenging. I've been told that I shouldn't be planning the wedding for anyone else, but I want to make it as easy as possible for people to come. Is that such a bad thing? I am being selfless, and considerate of others. Yes, it's my wedding, but I want important people to come! .......(Ok, venting there for a minute...)


These were some lovely set ups- very Thailand-esque which I adored. You can't really see it, but the tree in the back has different colored lanterns hanging in it! I also loved the flower petals along the ground, with the Buddah! For our reception when we get home, I'd like to re-create this kind of thing, but do it cheaply on my own, without the help of a thousand dollar Wedding Event Coordinator! I look forward to this, actually! This Wedding Fair got my creative juices flowing and I got really excited about everything for the first time. It really sank in-

HOLY CRAP- I'M GETTING MARRIED!

No comments: