January 08, 2010

Cookies for a Stranger


I'm on this "do something nice for others" kick now, so for my first today, I decided to bake cookies for my neighbours!  These neighbours are not the horrible, grouchy rude neighbours that many of my friends have witnessed, but the lovely ones that always say hello and make an effort to be friendly. It's surprising how many people in our building will stare at the wall or floor rather than make eye contact and say hello. I find this strange. I've never been overly friendly with any neighbours either, but I will say a quick hello or good bye or how are you, today? kind of thing. I've certainly never baked homemade cookies for any neighbour, so I thought it might be a nice change for me to start making more of an effort with people I don't know. The people I chose, have two adorable children and always smile at me as I walk by, so it's only fitting that I make them cookies :)

I couldn't decide if I would do it anonymously or actually knock on their door?! I don't want them to think the cookies are poisoned. Well, I decided to do it anonymously, mainly because I didn't want them to feel like they had to give something in return. Hopefully they eat them!  They always leave their stroller outside of their door, so I put the cookies in the stroller so they don't get stolen. Here is the note I put with it. Sorry its a tad difficult to read, but you get the idea. So,  8 days of firsts- 357 to go, and loving every minute of it! Tomorrow is gonna be a GREAT one, as 8 of my friends will be involved. Stay tuned ...




=

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn this is awesome! you seriously brought tears to my eyes, that may just be pms but it's still amazing that you did this.

Adventure awaits you.. said...

awwwwww, really? That makes me happy .

Linder said...

This is wonderful Jenn...I am sure they will remember it forever!