January 01, 2010

My first FIRST


I was lucky enough, to spend a few hours photographing a darlin' couple's wedding, Jennifer and Dwight. It was the most unique, and non-traditional wedding I've ever been to, and my very FIRST experience as a Wedding Photographer! Weddings usually scare me when it comes to Photography, as there is usually so much pressure. However, this was a great FIRST for me, as it was very laid back and simple. We spent the first 20 minutes just chatting, and getting to know each other! The Bride and Groom were dressed in every-day clothing, and there was not a stress bubble in the room to pop. This is exactly what they wanted, and I have to say, it was a refreshing change. Weddings are supposed to be the best day of your life, not the worst!

The Best Man, and Maid Of Honour and myself, were the only ones who attending the ceremony! It was high above a rocky cliff, among the thick fog and pelting rain, and city of Squamish. By the end of it, I looked (and probably smelled) like a wet dog but it was well worth it, and an interesting experience to say the least. The ceremony only lasted about 15 minutes. It was romantic, and beautiful.

We went back to their house where we drank champagne, tequila, and jagger bombs and ate home-made treats. The Bride and Groom had an un-official first dance to a random song they chose on the stereo, laughed at the cat eating their cake, and talked about the yummy dinner they would have that night.

All in all, it was a great first for me, and for them! Thanks Jenn and Dwight for my FIRST first of the year...


~The first of many Firsts begins...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jenn, the wedding sounds like it was wonderful! Good luck with your year of firsts...it should be a blast!

Linder