January 26, 2010

Fat Burger


Fatburger is a quick casual restaurant chain. It operates in the United States, Canada, and various other countries. It uses the slogan The Last Great Hamburger Stand. While it is a fast food restaurant, the food is cooked -not frozen patties- and made to order. I just assumed it was going to be like McDonalds or Burger King; the name of the place threw me off.

I went there as my first today, because I wouldn't normally go to a place that uses the word fat in the name; it doesn't make me feel very good. Everytime I passed by it, I would say to myself, "I'm never going there!"


A friend at work today, told me that her and her husband go to Fatburger every Tuesday as almost a ritual, since they moved to Vancouver a few months ago. She seemed quite excited about it, and told me the bugers were actually really good. I was shocked, and intrigued. I'm not much of a Fast Food person, so it was not appealing to me.

They sell BEER there! I didn't have one, as I was driving but this is not typical of "fast food" chains. Also, the interior of the place was very retro 70's diner style, which surprised me as well, as I never looked in to the restaurant before. And, I will admit, it was the best burger I've had in a long time. I got the Swiss and Mushroom Burger, and it was covered with mushrooms, and cheese, and the burger itself was very juicy; not so juicy that it went everywhere though. On a scale of 1 (being gross like McDonalds and 10 being the burgers my fiance makes) I'd give it an 8.

Tip#1 : Don't eat this burger while driving, as it is full of toppings and they will fall all over your lap and onto the floor.

Tip#2: Order the french fries with mayonnaise, as it is very good mayonnaise. mmmmm!

Try a new restaurant today, you might be surprised!!

No comments: