January 18, 2010

Social Faux-Pas


Break a social faux-pas, go to the movies by yourself, and enjoy it! I did. Well, i'm not gonna lie; as I was walking there, and sitting there alone I felt pretty lonely. I missed the first part of the movie where you usually chat with your friends, and chow down half your popcorn before the movie has even started. But, once the movie had started, and I slugged down into my seat , all was normal again.


Bonuses for going alone: (as long as the theatre isn't packed)

1. I could stretch my legs way out to the left or right and not have to worry about playing footsie's with my neighbour .

2. I could use both arm rests without sharing with the person to your left or right

3. I could eat my food, and not share !

4. You can put your purse on the seat next to you, and your jacket on the other seat next to you to rather than on the floor below you.

5. You can shed some tears alone, and in peace.


The movie I went to see has been in theatre for quite a while now, The Blind Side, so there was literally 4 other people in the theatre. The main reason I wanted to see this was because Tim Mcgraw played the sweet, supportive, charming husband and I heart him. I definitely shed a few tears of joy, and sadness. The movie is inspirational and exceeded my expectations as I really didn't think it was going to be anything special. It's inspiring, heart warming and reminds you not to live a selfish life. It's goes well with my Random Act of Kindness spurts; it encourages and motivates me to help others as much as possible.

I stayed to the bitter end of the movie to listen to Tim McGraw in the final credits.



5 comments:

Linder said...

Hey Jenn:
I saw the real family on 20/20 a couple weeks ago..what a great story!

Tiffany Prystay said...

I go to the movies by myself all the time and I LOVE IT! Good for you!

Marissa said...

and that theater (granville 7 right?) is the perfect one to go to buy yourself. its empty and cheap and perfect! :) I went to my first by myself movie in Vancouver there.

Unknown said...

I went to see the Princess and the Frog there by myself on Sunday! I totally could have gone for free, since there was no one at the ticket desk (I bought from the machine) and then nobody taking tickets!

Adventure awaits you.. said...

Yes, it was Granville 7! It was soooo empty, so it was kinda eery. Next time I'll go to a packed theatre, just so its not so quiet... It was a good experience though :)