January 20, 2010

Hip Hop

Today something happened sort of spontaneously. I've never done it before, and honestly was never interested ; not even the slightest. I learned some Hip Hop moves during a Hip Hop session at my work this afternoon. One of my employees is a huge dancer/musician/singer and brought some of his skills to teach the children.  I wasn't planning on taking part in the class as I knew ahead of time it was happening. I am a country gal at heart so the music didn't interest me at all. I was really excited for the children to learn about Hip Hop though and try out some new moves, however it wasn't something I was in to.

 ~~ And then, a lightbulb went off in my head! 365 days of firsts means don't say no to anything! I walked in the room and saw about 8 kids and two Staff doing the "motorcycle" and it was absolutely adorable! I joined in the Hip Hop class and we learned different moves like the "Chicken Noodle Soup" and  the "Snap" and "Let it Rain".  It was actually really fun! We watched an awesome video (see below) to actually learn the steps slowly one by one. The kids were so proud of themselves, and even I was really proud of myself when I figured out the "spin" move! It was uplifting, and made you feel good about yourself, even if you had no clue what was going on.

I would like to take a Hip Hop Class somewhere as it would be fun to learn more; the more we did it the more we got really in to it! It was a great workout as most of us were quite sweaty near the end. Our experience was full of so much laughter that who wouldn't want to do it again? I definetely recommend you try it out; rent a video from the library if you're afraid of a class and go for it! Try something new today :)

This is the video we watched as we were learning: This one was my favourite, the "Chicken Noodle Soup" TRY IT!!! It's super fun..

No comments: